Yesterday I posted about my 14-Day Summer Revitalise programme which is a seasonal two-week plan with gorgeous summer recipes that also happen to be allergy friendly, gluten-free and ideal for anyone looking to boost their immune system and begin to restore gut health.
Today I thought I’d share one of the recipes from the programme. A quick and easy stand-by meal, these stuffed peppers are absolutely delicious and make use of whatever you have lying around in your refrigerator. This recipe uses pork mince, but the recipe works equally as well with beef or turkey mince, or as a vegetarian dish.
- 2 large bell peppers (ideally red or yellow; green can be a little bitter)
- 500g minced pork
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 sage leaves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. picked fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- Unrefined sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Remove the tops from the four peppers, around 2-3cms from the top, keeping the stalks intact. Carefully remove the seeds and any white membrane from inside the peppers. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Toast the fennel seeds in a dry frying pan for a couple of minutes, remove and allow to cool. Add a little olive oil to the same pan and gently fry the garlic and onion until slightly softened. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Once the onions and garlic have cooled, add the pork mince to the bowl, along with the fennel seeds and remaining ingredients. Season well and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the pork mixture between the four peppers and use it to stuff them. Place the peppers in a roasting tin and put them in the oven – without their lids – for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, place the lids on top of each pepper and return to the oven for a further 25 minutes.
Serve immediately with a crisp green salad.
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it! If you’d like all of the recipes included in my Summer Revitalise programme (plus my Spring, Autumn and Winter reboots too) you can sign up here.
And good luck to England in the football tonight!!!!
Hello, I’m Chloe. I’m a nutrition and health coach and I’m on a mission to inspire & support women so they can go from feeling fatigued to feeling fabulous!
I help women who are FED up of being overweight, addicted to sugar and feeling tired ALL THE TIME to lose weight and optimise their health by fixing hormonal, digestive, autoimmune and energy issues.
My step-by-step programme, Revitalise, will help you lose weight, get back your energy, restore vitality and create lifelong health using the power of beautiful & delicious REAL FOOD.
I’m here to make it easy for you to eat healthy, delicious food without counting calories or feeling deprived. You’ll reset your relationship with food, shift your mindset and build new habits for a complete health transformation!
Disclaimer: All information provided is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. Please consult your GP or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing. I am a nutritional educator and do not dispense medical advice nor prescribe treatment. While nutritional support can be an important complement to your medical care, a nutritional therapy program is not a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment, or care of a disease, illness, or injury by a medical provider. Nutritional evaluations and lifestyle assessments are not intended for the diagnoses of disease.
Disclaimer: chloearchard.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. Buying through our affiliate links does not cost you anything but helps us keep this website up and running. Thank you!
All information provided within this blog post is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. Please consult your GP or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this blog post. The information provided in this blog post is believed to be accurate based on the best judgment of the author. However, you as the reader must be responsible for consulting with your own GP or other health professional on matters raised within. chloearchard.com will not accept responsibility for the actions or consequential results of any action taken by any reader.
The material in this blog post may include information, products or services by third parties. Third Party Materials comprise of the products and opinions expressed by their owners. As such, chloearchard.com does not assume responsibility or liability for any Third Party material or opinions. The publication of such Third Party Materials does not constitute our guarantee of any information, instruction, opinion, products or services contained within the Third Party Material. Publication of such Third Party Material is simply a recommendation and an expression of our own opinion of that material.