This sugar-free granola makes a wonderful breakfast served on top of creamy coconut yogurt, or with cold coconut or nut milk. Add a handful of fresh berries and extra toppings of your choice (bee pollen, hemp seeds, chia seeds, goji berries, raisins etc.)
The nuts, seeds, dried fruit and coconut make this high in fibre and good for your gut bacteria too.
Makes around 10 servings
- Requires nuts & seeds to be soaked overnight.
- This will keep for 3 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Food processor
- Foil lined baking tray
- 200g nuts of your choice – soaked overnight and then rinsed well
- 200g mixed seeds – soaked overnight and then rinsed well
- 150g fresh blueberries/1 punnet fresh blueberries
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod, cut in half down the length
- 100g dried blueberries
- 100g dried coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Place the nuts in the food processor and pulse until chopped into smaller pieces. Place the chopped nuts and seeds into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small pan place the blueberries, fresh ginger, coconut oil, cinnamon and the seeds scraped from the vanilla pod. Heat very gently, stirring, until the blueberries break down. Place the mixture into the food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Stir the blueberry mixture thoroughly into the nuts and seeds until everything is well coated.
- Line a large baking tray with tin foil. Spread the granola mixture out evenly until you have a layer only about 1cm thick.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the granola is very dry but not burnt. I set a timer and check after every 10 minutes to ensure the granola does not burn. Turn after 20 minutes to ensure the granola cooks evenly. Sometimes I turn the oven off after 30 minutes and leave the granola with the oven door ajar to dry it out at a lower heat.
- Allow to cool and then mix in the dried blueberries and dried coconut flakes. Store in an airtight container.
FREE JULY RECIPE BOOK
I’ve been putting together a few seasonal recipes in a book for you to download.
You can get it by visiting my online store.
I have lots of other freebies there too.
Hello, I’m Chloe. I’m a nutrition and health coach and I’m on a mission to inspire & support women so they can go from feeling fatigued to feeling fabulous!
I help women who are FED up of being overweight, addicted to sugar and feeling tired ALL THE TIME to lose weight and optimise their health by fixing hormonal, digestive, autoimmune and energy issues.
My step-by-step programme, Revitalise, will help you lose weight, get back your energy, restore vitality and create lifelong health using the power of beautiful & delicious REAL FOOD.
I’m here to make it easy for you to eat healthy, delicious food without counting calories or feeling deprived. You’ll reset your relationship with food, shift your mindset and build new habits for a complete health transformation!
Disclaimer: All information provided is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. Please consult your GP or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing. I am a nutritional educator and do not dispense medical advice nor prescribe treatment. While nutritional support can be an important complement to your medical care, a nutritional therapy program is not a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment, or care of a disease, illness, or injury by a medical provider. Nutritional evaluations and lifestyle assessments are not intended for the diagnoses of disease.
Disclaimer: chloearchard.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. Buying through our affiliate links does not cost you anything but helps us keep this website up and running. Thank you!
All information provided within this blog post is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. Please consult your GP or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this blog post. The information provided in this blog post is believed to be accurate based on the best judgment of the author. However, you as the reader must be responsible for consulting with your own GP or other health professional on matters raised within. chloearchard.com will not accept responsibility for the actions or consequential results of any action taken by any reader.
The material in this blog post may include information, products or services by third parties. Third Party Materials comprise of the products and opinions expressed by their owners. As such, chloearchard.com does not assume responsibility or liability for any Third Party material or opinions. The publication of such Third Party Materials does not constitute our guarantee of any information, instruction, opinion, products or services contained within the Third Party Material. Publication of such Third Party Material is simply a recommendation and an expression of our own opinion of that material.