Aloe is a powerful plant. When I used to hear aloe I would automatically think of sunburn relief. In a similar way, aloe helps to relieve intestinal damage. It’s got nourishing properties unparalleled by anything else in the plant world.
It’s almost as if aloe vera was made for the human gut. I can’t believe the results that taking aloe juice gave me, and from my experience it’s one of the most transformative supplements for a healthy gut.
Why Aloe Juice Worked for Me
Aloe provides soothing relief from digestive distress. It nourishes the intestinal lining and promotes easy elimination without pain or excess acidity. My digestion used to be all over the place and I would often get uncomfortable gas and bloating.
Aloe vera juice is rich in enzymes that help break down food and increase assimilation. This basically eliminated the issues I was having with poor digestion. Aloe vera has prebiotic compounds that help feed healthy bacteria in the gut. It’s also helpful for acid reflux issues as it nourishes and soothes the oesophageal lining.
The best part about aloe is that it isn’t just another isolated supplement, it’s a food. It’s loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, E, B12 and folic acid as well as minerals and contains nearly all the essential amino acids.
It’s easy to use this common houseplant; you can buy the juice directly, or start growing your own organic aloe. It’s one of the lowest maintenance plants you can get (which is the only reason mine’s still alive!) Once your aloe plant has reached a healthy size you can cut a leaf off, split it open and add the gel to your smoothies or water.
Organic Aloe Vera from Fushi
If you want to buy the juice, my favourite brand is Fushi’s Organic Aloe Vera Juice.
- Organically grown, hand selected leaves from mature plants
- Cold processed and unfiltered to maximise potency
- Not made from concentrate and preservative free – clean, natural flavour
- Rich in polysaccharides minimum 1700mg per litre – contains only inner leaf gel and no bitter outer rind
- Recyclable light protected glass bottle
Here’s what Fushi have to say about their Aloe Vera Juice:
“Aloe Vera is a nutrient rich plant and known to act as a soothing remedy to balance and support digestion. It widely been used for its rejuvenating properties and offers benefits for both inner health and external use too.
Our organically grown Aloe Vera is freshly squeezed and contains minimum of 1700mg/ltr polysaccharides. We use hand selected leaves from mature plants, and the juice is extracted only from the inner leaf. This part of the plant produces the nutrient rich healing gel, which is the most therapeutic part of the plant. Our Aloe Vera juice is and is unfiltered to maximise potency and it is free from latex.
Aloe Vera is rich in nutrients and boasts an impressive profile of vitamins, C, E and also the B group of vitamins. It is also rich in minerals such as folic acid, calcium, iron and magnesium among others. It is also known for its high content of Amino Acids essential for body function and good health.
Aloe Vera is wonderful for our digestive health. Internal benefits include soothing the digestive system and the GI tract. Aloe Vera contains enzymes, which are known to help with the breakdown of sugars and fats to keep your digestion running smoothly.
Consuming Aloe Vera can encourage good digestive bacteria, lessen yeast formation, and regularise bowel processing.
It can also be applied onto skin externally, s it provides wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe and help reduce skin inflammation. Additionally, in Ayurvedic medicine, Aloe is used to effectively heal chronic itchy, dry skin conditions.
Aloe Vera is important for:
- The digestive system and soothing the GI tract. Aloe Vera contains enzymes, which are known to help with the breakdown of sugars and fats to keep your digestion running smoothly.
- Aloe Vera Juice contains important vitamins and minerals like vitamins B, C, E, and folic acid. This juice is also rich in minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium, as well as a high content of amino acids, which are essential for optimal health.
- Aloe Vera Juice is extremely hydrating for the skin and may help certain skin conditions where the skin gets very dry and needs moisturising.
- Aloe Vera is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that may help protect your skin. There are compounds in Aloe Vera that may help neutralise the effects of UV radiation, skin damage, and help in the prevention of ageing skin.
Holistic health doesn’t get much easier than aloe vera.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut. In the program you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
REMOVE. REPAIR. REPLACE. RESTORE.
Or join me on Instagram where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.