- 100g quinoa
- 1 large aubergine, cut into slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g fresh spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon or lime
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water to remove its bitter flavour.
- Tip into a pan and add double the amount of salted water (or for a nutrient boost cook the quinoa in bone broth).
- Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed. Fluff the quinoa up with a fork.
- Ideally use a griddle pan to cook the aubergines. Brush each aubergine slice with some olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan or barbecue. When hot, griddle the aubergine slices for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and tender.
- If you don’t have a griddle pan – preheat your grill. Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease the sheet lightly with olive oil. Lay the oiled aubergine slices on the baking sheet and grill until lightly browned. Turn the slices and grill again.
- While the aubergine is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan, add the raw spinach and half the chopped garlic and cook for a couple of minutes, constantly stirring, until the spinach wilts. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl add the wilted spinach and the quinoa, and then add the additional garlic, spring onions, chilli and coriander. Dress with olive oil, salt, pepper and a good squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Divide the quinoa mixture between two plates and top with the grilled aubergine slices. Squeeze a little more lemon or lime over everything and serve.
Our Most Popular Blog Posts
- MCT Oil vs Coconut Oil for Brain Health
- The Amazing Health Benefits of Curcumin
- Elixa Probiotic – A New UK Manufactured, High-Strength Probiotic
- Ultimate Gut Health Guide
- The Paleo Autoimmune Protocol Diet
- Prebiotics – Fibre to Feed Your Healthy Gut Bacteria
- The End of Alzheimer’s – The Bredesen ReCODE Protocol
- Cod Liver Oil – An Ancient Superfood
Nutritional Therapy Packages
I offer one, two or three month Nutritional Therapy packages. The cost is £150 per month and includes 4 x face-to-face sessions per month as well as a custom meal plan with all recipes, shopping lists and a custom meal prep guide. Click here to learn more.
Live Smarter 1 Day Wellbeing Retreat
Join us to learn how to optimise your life for health & happiness! We will tailor our retreat days to suit your group.
Options include a style session, nutritional therapy consultations, cookery demos, make your own organic body care products, gut health class including an introduction to fermentation, group Pilates class, meditation session and a beautiful country walk or beginner’s foraging walk.
The day includes a gorgeous, organic, seasonal, gluten, grain and dairy-free lunch which includes freshly foraged ingredients (can be vegan if required) and of course drinks to celebrate at the end of the day!
You need to book as a group (a minimum of 6 people needed and a maximum of 12) so it’s perfect if you are a group of friends or work colleagues, this could even be an unique hen-do experience for the health conscious bride-to-be!
Cost £110 per person.
Our Premium Plans
Since we don’t believe in a “one size fits all” approach to diet, we have developed several programs, all based on real food, for people with different health goals.
Our signature program is our 30 Day Paleo Plan. We’ve been running this since 2014 and have guided over 700 people through their first 30 days on the paleo diet with huge success!
Restore Your Gut – 8 Week Transformation
In this 8 week program you’ll learn which foods to REMOVE to begin your gut healing journey, ultimate gut healing foods to REPAIR your damaged gut, which probiotics will REPLACE what’s missing and the best foods, prebiotics and antimicrobials to RESTORE intestinal balance.
You also get a mouth-watering, anti-inflammatory, gut healing Recipe Guide packed with recipes to keep you nourished, satisfied and toxin-free, plus lots more! Restore Your Gut is a comprehensive 8 Week Program delivering a life-altering gut health transformation.
Try our Seasonal Reboots
A 14 Day Whole Foods Reboot for every season to Help You Feel Better, Have More Energy, Reset Taste Buds and Lose Weight (Without Giving Up Real Food!)
SPRING: This program is suitable for anyone who wants to give paleo a try, but the program is also low-FODMAP (so great if you are suffering from IBS or other digestive issues), gluten-free, dairy-free and free from refined carbohydrates. It’s a low carb plan with the recipes being nutrient-dense, easy and delicious! Click here to find out more.
SUMMER: Gorgeous, seasonal recipes using the best of Summer’s produce, think tomatoes, courgettes, fresh peas, strawberries, raspberries and lots more!
This plan is also 14 days in length and includes the same resources as all our seasonal reboots: ebook guide, meal plan, recipes, shopping lists, prep guide, food & symptom diary and email support. Click here to find out more.
Join our Membership Site: Real Food 365
We all know how easy it is to start out the year with good intentions in January, but then for your healthy eating habits to slip as the year goes on.
That’s why I started Real Food 365 – my aim is to help you eat healthily by providing real food inspiration all year round.
For the low monthly cost of £3.99 you get 365 days of Real Food recipes plus access to our 30 Day Paleo Plan and lots, lots more!
Looking for a complete Life Makeover?
Check out our Live Smarter Course – an 8 week online course that will help you optimise all areas of your life. Week-by-week we tackle food, mindset, sleep, stress, gut health and more!
Custom Meal Plans
You tell me your health goals, your likes and dislikes and how much time you have available and I will create you a custom meal plan perfectly tailored to fit with your lifestyle and help you achieve your goals. All custom meal plans include recipes, shopping lists and a weekly prep guide to make it easy for you to stick to the plan. Click here to learn more.
I’m a nutritional therapist, author, blogger, teacher and mum. I studied at Oxford University from 1999-2003 and have an MSc in Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. During my degree I became fascinated in the workings of the human body at a cellular level – how what we eat effects the genes and proteins in our body, how the immune system works and how cancer develops. I’m interested in the science of nutrition. I apply my scientific training when I read information about nutrition and I never believe something I read unless I can see evidence to back it up.
I’ve always had a passion for nutrition science, I’ve been writing about nutrition and health for several years and I qualified as a Nutritional Therapist in 2017. I’m also a Holistic Health & Lifestyle Coach and Mindfulness Teacher.
I currently live near Tunbridge Wells with my husband, 3 beautiful children and a gorgeous whippet called Millie! When I’m not working I love foraging, reading, Pilates, cooking, making herbal medicine and going for long walks with my family and my dog.
At the core of my work is a simple question: how can we live better, healthier & happier lives? I hope you’ll join me on a quest to discover the answers.
Paleo Britain is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. Buying through our affiliate links does not cost you anything but helps us keep this website up and running. Thank you!
All information provided within this blog post is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. Please consult your GP or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this blog post. The information provided in this blog post is believed to be accurate based on the best judgment of the author. However, you as the reader must be responsible for consulting with your own GP or other health professional on matters raised within. Paleo Britain will not accept responsibility for the actions or consequential results of any action taken by any reader.
The material in this blog post may include information, products or services by third parties. Third Party Materials comprise of the products and opinions expressed by their owners. As such, Paleo Britain does not assume responsibility or liability for any Third Party material or opinions. The publication of such Third Party Materials does not constitute our guarantee of any information, instruction, opinion, products or services contained within the Third Party Material. Publication of such Third Party Material is simply a recommendation and an expression of our own opinion of that material.