- 2 large courgettes or 4 smaller courgettes
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml chicken or lamb stock
- 200ml tomato passata
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and heat. Cook the onion over a low heat for 10 minutes or until softened. Stir in the spices, chillies, ginger and garlic, then cook for 2 minutes.
- Fry the mince, breaking it up with a fork or wooden spoon as it browns.
- Pour in the stock and passata. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 25-30minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut the courgettes lengthwise and scoop out the middles. Place on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on size.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove the courgettes from the oven, place onto 2 plates and fill each courgette half with the spicy lamb mince.
- Serve with a crisp green salad, dressed simply with lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil.
I’ve been putting together a few seasonal recipes in a book for you to download.
I have lots of other freebies there too.
Hello, I’m Chloe. I’m a nutrition and health coach and I’m on a mission to inspire & support women so they can go from feeling fatigued to feeling fabulous!
I help women who are FED up of being overweight, addicted to sugar and feeling tired ALL THE TIME to lose weight and optimise their health by fixing hormonal, digestive, autoimmune and energy issues.
My step-by-step programme, Revitalise, will help you lose weight, get back your energy, restore vitality and create lifelong health using the power of beautiful & delicious REAL FOOD.
I’m here to make it easy for you to eat healthy, delicious food without counting calories or feeling deprived. You’ll reset your relationship with food, shift your mindset and build new habits for a complete health transformation!
Disclaimer: All information provided is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. Please consult your GP or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing. I am a nutritional educator and do not dispense medical advice nor prescribe treatment. While nutritional support can be an important complement to your medical care, a nutritional therapy program is not a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment, or care of a disease, illness, or injury by a medical provider. Nutritional evaluations and lifestyle assessments are not intended for the diagnoses of disease.
Disclaimer: chloearchard.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. Buying through our affiliate links does not cost you anything but helps us keep this website up and running. Thank you!
All information provided within this blog post is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. Please consult your GP or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this blog post. The information provided in this blog post is believed to be accurate based on the best judgment of the author. However, you as the reader must be responsible for consulting with your own GP or other health professional on matters raised within. chloearchard.com will not accept responsibility for the actions or consequential results of any action taken by any reader.
The material in this blog post may include information, products or services by third parties. Third Party Materials comprise of the products and opinions expressed by their owners. As such, chloearchard.com does not assume responsibility or liability for any Third Party material or opinions. The publication of such Third Party Materials does not constitute our guarantee of any information, instruction, opinion, products or services contained within the Third Party Material. Publication of such Third Party Material is simply a recommendation and an expression of our own opinion of that material.